E-Learning for Educators
The E-Learning for Educators course was the first class I took in the certificate program, and it was a great introduction into the background and contemporary pedagogy of online learning. Being exposed to, and exploring new tools, such as Moodle, Scoop.it!, and Diigo opened my eyes to just how engaging and fun online learning and teaching could be. Click on "E-Learning Artifacts" (below) to read about some useful tools and how they can be implemented. Likewise, you can read my reflections during my first course by clicking the "Reflections" link to the left.
EDUC 760--E-Learning for Educators
Course Description for EDUC 760: Historical background and current trends in online learning. Concepts and foundations of evidence-based practices for successful teaching online. E-leanring theory, principles, course management systems, accessibility, copyright, and web-based technology tools.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze current research on teaching and learning using learning management systems.
2. Evaluate, select, and manage technology-based assessment tools.
3. Apply collaborative learning theory to create and use web tools such as discussion forums and blogs for collaborative learning.
4. Locate and evaluate the accuracy, relevance, appropriateness, comprehensiveness, and bias of electronic information resources to be used in the online classroom.
5. Demonstrate the ethical use of digital information resources and understanding of educational copyright and fair use principles in e-learning environments.
6. Apply understanding of the impact of learner differences: culture/race, ability/disability, gender, age, socioeconomic status, and family influences on the delivery of e-learning.
7. Analyze how accessibility of technology-based resources affects planning for instruction.
8. Design and publish an electronic portfolio of course artifacts.
University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin's Polytechnic University (Elearning, Blended and Online Teaching Online Course University of Wisconsin-Stout)